NHS 24 - Call free on 111

NHS 24 can direct you to the most appropriate medical care for your illness or injury and can arrange for you to see a GP or Nurse in the evening, during the night or at weekends.

NHS 24 can also assess dental symptoms, provide advice and arrange for you to see a Dentist out of hours if required. 

If you live in a rural comunity and a new illness or injury (such as a minor burn or sprain) NHS 24 may be able to direct you to your local Minor Injuries Unit. Your Minor Injuries Unit can be found in your community hospital. NHS 24 will direct you there when its right to do so.