We are delighted to announce the finalists in this year’s Celebrating Excellence Awards 2015, and would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who nominated.
NHS Borders invited employees and members of the public to ‘celebrate excellence’ in our local health service by nominating in the Health Board’s staff awards scheme, for a second year running.
Over one hundred nominations were received highlighting worthy healthcare teams, top professionals, volunteers and students who have been recognised for their commitment to providing excellent services in NHS Borders. The award categories reflect NHS Borders corporate objectives and values and will celebrate individuals and teams who have worked hard to uphold these.
And your finalists are: (Names have been listed in alphabetical order).
- Lisa Blackwood (Community Charge Nurse , Learning Disability Service)
- East Brigs Nursing Staff
- Rheumatology Team
Innovation and Improvement
- Borders Emergency Care Service
- East Brigs Support Workers
- Melburn Lodge Team
- Community Children's Nursing Team
- Liz Coutts (Senior Charge Nurse, Dialysis Unit)
- Gemma Roberts (Community Addictions Nurse, Mental Health)
Behind the scenes: Clinical
- Dr Roddy Campbell (Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist)
- Occupational Health Nurses
- Carmen Smith (Health Care Assistant, St Ronan’s Practice, Innerleithen)
Behind the scenes: Non clinical
- Sue Keean (Prevention and Management of Aggression & Violence Coordinator)
- Grant Laidlaw (Commissioning Project Manager)
- Melburn Lodge Domestics
- Community Food Workers
- Oral Health Department
- School Flu Immunisation Team
Supporter of the Year
- BIBS Peer Support Volunteers
- Eilean Hogarth (Member of the Public, founder of the Kelso MKU Charity Shop)
- James Marjoribanks (volunteer chair of the difference)
- Melissa Brodie (Midwife)
- Marie Morrison (Student Nurse, East Brigs)
- Debi Pearson (Pharmacy Technician, BGH)
Leading by Example
- Stephanie Errington (Head of Planning & Performance)
- Linda Gray (Physiotherapist)
- Deirdre Moss (District Nurse, Kelso)
- Bloodbourne Virus MCN
- Dr Olive Herlihy (Consultant Physician)
- Short Term Assessment & Rehab Team
In addition ‘The Chairman’s Award’ will also be presented at the ‘Celebrating Excellence’ event to be held at Springwood Park, Kelso on Saturday 2nd May 2015.
NHS Borders Chairman, John Raine said: “The celebrating Excellence award ceremony is an opportunity to recognise the hard work, commitment and dedication of staff across the organisation, therefore I am encouraging as many NHS Borders staff as possible to attend.”
For more information on this year’s NHS Borders Staff Awards visit www.nhsborders.org.uk/staff-awards or follow us on twitter @nhsborders.