Welcome to the Multiagency Policy for the Administration of Medication and Health Care Procedures online resources.
This is a multi agency policy for staff working in Scottish Borders Council (e.g. schools, nurseries and other educational establishments), Voluntary and Private Sector (e.g. private nurseries, childminders, playgroups, community groups). The aim of the policy is to ensure that children and young people receive the right support by staff who are trained, confident and competent in the administration of medication and/or other health care procedures.
Image provided by NHS Scotland
- Multiagency Policy for the Administration of Medication and Health Care Procedures - Online Version
- Leaflet for Parents / Carers
Forms and Documentation
Individual Health Care Plans
- Generic Template(to be used for children with complex health needs)
- IHCP Non severe Allergic Reaction
- IHCP Severe Allergic Reaction: Anaphylaxis
- Diabetes: (can not be accessed online, please contact the Paediatric Diabetes Nurse Specialist, telephone: 01896 826000)
- Complex Asthma:
- Appendix 1: The Legal Framework
- Appendix 2: Information and Resources
- Appendix 3: Stimulant Medication Policy for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)