About our services:
The paediatric dietitians provide a specialist dietetic service to infants and children with a wide range of medical conditions, some examples are listed below;
- Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus
- Multiple food allergies
- Gastro-intestinal Disease
- Renal disease
- Respiratory disease e.g. Cystic Fibrosis
- Complex needs – including children who require home enteral (tube) feeding
- Coeliac’s Disease
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
The paediatric dietitian’s offer a consultancy service for other healthcare professionals e.g. G.P’s, Paediatricians and Health Visitors on any dietetic matters relating to an infant or child.
The paediatric dietitians also provide shared dietetic care for those children requiring specialist services at tertiary centres e.g. The Royal Hospitals for Sick Children in Edinburgh and Glasgow.
Community dietitians will see infants/children for more general dietetic advice; this may include the management of childhood obesity, single food allergies and faltering growth.
How to contact us:
- Monday-Friday – AHP Hub, Borders General Hospital Tel: 01896 827 231
- Monday, Thursday and ½ day Friday – Diabetes Office, Borders General Hospital Tel: 01896 826448
- Tuesday, Wednesday and ½ day Friday – AHP Hub, Borders General Hospital Tel: 01896 827 231
Gillian Bremner (BSc Hons, SRD) – Paediatric Dietitian
Karen Greer (BSc Hons, SRD)– Paediatric Dietitian
Where are we:
In NHS Borders there are two full time paediatric dietitians who are based centrally and provide a Borders wide service. An in-reach paediatric dietetic service is provided to the children’s ward (ward 15) and the special care baby unit at the Borders General Hospital. General paediatric dietetic clinics are held in Galashiels, Duns, Kelso, Eyemouth and Peebles, usually on a monthly basis.
Paediatric dietitians also provide input in to various specialist clinics e.g. Paediatric Gastroenterology, Allergy, Diabetic, Renal, Respiratory and Coeliac clinics.
Paediatric dietitians may also see infants and children in their own home as clinically appropriate.
We offer the following services:
- General paediatric dietetic clinics in Galashiels, Hawick, Duns, Kelso, Peebles and Eyemouth
- Paediatric dietetic input is provided to the specialist outreach clinics held at the BGH