Last year the Board developed and launched a Clinical Strategy which sets out 7 key principles which form the basis for the future design and development of services in NHS Borders. Subsequently the Board has committed to reviewing our clinical services to ensure they meet the 7 key principles. This review has the title Health in Your Hands. Alongside this review, we are committed to engaging with public and staff on the theme of What Matters to You? NHS Borders recognises that our communities should be seen as co-owners of and partners in our health service rather than as service users; we are committed to improving inclusion and public involvement in designing and improving services.
Our aim is to actively engage with groups, patients, staff, families and communities in conversation around what is important to them regarding health services. We will do this basing our conversations around 3 key questions:
- What matters to you about your health and health services?
- What can we do together to improve health services for our communities?
- How can we communicate and work more effectively with patients, families, carers and our communities?
|Tuesday 9 February 2016||09:30 - 12:00||Teviot Medical Practice, Hawick|
|Tuesday 9 February 2016||13:30 - 16:00||O'Connell Street Medical Practice, Hawick|
|Thursday 11 February 2016||09:30 - 12:30||Earlston Medical Practice, Earlston|
|Monday 15 February 2016||10:00 - 15:00||Charities Table, BGH|
|Tuesday 16 February 2016||09:30 - 12:00||Neidpath Medical Practice, Peebles|
|Tuesday 16 February 2016||13:30 - 16:00||St Ronan's Practice, Innerleithen|
|Thursday 18 February 2016||09:30 - 12:30||Kelso Partly Sighted and Deaf Group
Abbey Road Community Centre, Kelso
|Monday 22 February 2016||13:30 - 16:00||West Linton Health Centre, West Linton|
|Monday 22 February 2016||17:30 - 19:00||Tweeddale Youth Group, Peebles|
|Tuesday 23 February 2016||10:30 - 15:00||Sainsbury's Supermarket, Kelso|
|Monday 7 March 2016||11:00 - 12:30||Kelso Carers Group
Poynder View, Kelso Community Hospital, Kelso
|Tuesday 8 March 2016||10:00 - 11:30||Hawick Carers Group
Hawick Community Hospital, Hawick
|Thursday 10 March 2016||09:30 - 13:00||Tesco Supermarket, Galashiels|
|Wednesday 16 March 2016||10:00 - 15:00||Charities Table, BGH|
|Tuesday 22 March 2016||10:00 - 12:00||Selkirk Health Centre, Selkirk|
Have your say now
|By Mail:||Freepost RTHK-ZGZS-JTZC
Borders General Hospital
|By Phone:||0800 731 4052|
Our key principles underlying What Matters to You:
- To ensure an open and honest dialogue with our stakeholders on the theme: What Matters to You
- To present and engage with the public and staff on our long term vision based around the key principles of the clinical strategy.
- To maintain a high level of awareness and commitment to the engagement process.
- To help ensure consistent messages within NHS and amongst wider stakeholder groups.
- To ensure that staff and the public feel listened to and that their views can influence decisions.
- To help promote a sense of public ownership within the organisation and amongst external stakeholders.
- To ensure NHS Borders complies with governmental policy, guidance and best practice in terms of public involvement.
- To ensure stakeholders have opportunities to be engaged and involved in the work of the inpatient Services Review: Health in Your Hands.