The LASS service is patient centred and strives to work with each individual to provide consultations that are tailored for you.
With this in mind, the service objectives are to:
- Increase the importance people attach to making health behaviour change
- Increase the confidence of people in making health behaviour change
- Help people access appropriate community activities and services
- Encourage positive changes in health behaviour and lifestyle, such as smoking, diet, alcohol consumption, and physical activity
- Increase people's sense of well being following behaviour changes and attending the service
- Improve the health of individuals who attend the service
- Reduce the number of visits to general practitioners and practice nurses by people in the target groups who use the service
Please click on the arrow below to view a video of a LASS advisor and a client giving their thoughts on using LASS.