'Small Changes, Big Difference' at NHS Borders
At the heart of the campaign is the idea that making small changes can achieve significant results. This is true whether you change something in your routine to improve your own health and wellbeing or you change something at work to improve your working practices.
Supporting our staff to improve their own health and wellbeing underpins the campaign. By developing a healthy workforce we equip ourselves to deliver excellence in our daily working practices.
Making the most of every healthcare contact by talking to people about their health and wellbeing alongside their medical care, supports our aim to provide high quality, safe and effective patient centred care.Engaging more of our staff to put this into practice on a regular basis is the second ambition of the 'Small Changes, Big Difference' campaign.
For every one of our staff who makes a small change to their practice there will be a bigger more positive difference to the patient’s experience.
Putting this into practice requires support. This NHS section of the website is a one stop portal to help you access information, training and resources to support you in this work.
The purpose of the 'Small Changes, Big Difference' Campaign is to:
- Support staff to improve or maintain their own health and wellbeing
- Raise awareness of the Health Promoting Health Service (HPHS) programme
- Engage our front line staff in delivering a positive health promoting experience for patients and visitors;
- Set the expectations of our patients and staff that conversations about health and wellbeing will become the norm during healthcare appointments.
- Enhance the services offered by NHS Borders and its reputation as a health promoting organisation supporting staff, patients and visitors to improve their health.
A medium to longer term ambition is to create widespread behaviour change contributing to improved health and wellbeing for people living in the Scottish Borders.
Cookery participation demonstrations
Learn how to cook up some healthy, quick, nutritious dishes using fresh ingredients to help you eat well. Can’t cook, won’t cook? Whatever it is, the team will have you cooking some meals to take home from a delicious risotto to the classic omelette.Read more