Two Consultant Ophathalmologists and two Orthoptists carry out the following ophthalmology services to children and young people:
- Paediatric Ophthalmology clinics
- Paediatric Orthoptic clinics
- Pre-school visual screening
- Functional Vision clinic (assessing children with cerebral visual impairment). Ophthalmologist, Paediatrician, Teacher of Visually Impaired and Orthoptist all in attendance and give information and advice to parents. This clinic is held twice a year.
- Specific Reading Difficulties Assessment (Coloured overlay assessment carried out in children with suspected Meares-Irlen (Scotopic Sensitivity Syndrome – SSS)).