The Health Protection Team focuses on protecting the public from infectious diseases and environmental hazards
The Health Protection Team focus on:
- Protecting the public from being exposed to communicable disease and environmental hazards which damage their health
- Limiting impact on health when such exposures have already occurred
Co-ordination of immunisation programmes
- Co-ordination of of blood borne virus services and programmes
- Co-ordination of resilience planning for NHS Borders
- Co-ordination of national screening programmes.