Public Health focuses on promoting the health and well-being of people living in the Scottish Borders and protecting people from becoming ill.
The Public Health team is led by Tim Patterson, the Joint Director of Public Health for Scottish Borders Council and NHS Borders.
What we can do for you?
- We run programs to help children and families stay at a healthy weight
- We offer stop smoking clinics to help people quit smoking
- We provide support to help people change their lifestyle and reduce their risk of ill health. For more information go to LASS
- We investigate outbreaks of food borne infection as well as other kinds of infection to prevent them happening again or getting worse.
- We provide general advice on communicable diseases, blood borne viruses and infection control in various community settings.
- We invite you to take part in various national immunisation and screening programmes.
- We contribute to ensuring that you have effective, accessible healthcare services.
- Provides information about drug and alcohol use in the Scottish Borders, and advice on where and how to get help for those with drug and alcohol problems. For more information, go to BADP