What we do:
A compact 12 place Day Hospital serving the Kelso, Coldstream and Jedburgh areas.
Staff Nurse Mary Hirst
Health care workers rotate from the ward
About our services:
They day hospital provides a range of services which includes:
- Osteoporosis therapy and clinics
- Doppler Clinic
- Blood Transfusions
- Intravenous Therapy
- General assessment by nurses, physiotherapist and occupational therapist
- Continence Assessment
- Parkinsons Clinic
Our Team consists of:
- Occupational Therapists (OTs)
- Speech and Language Therapists
- Social Work Department
- Community Psychiatric Team
- Primary Care Team
- Ambulance Service
- Volunteer Service
Kelso Day Hospital
Situated within Kelso Hospital is Kelso Day Hospital.
Kelso Day Hospital provides 12 places for patients who require physical and emotional support.
It delivers a high quality of professionally led services and an excellent standard of care to patients in the community, thus preventing hospital admission.
Our team helps increase the independence of the elderly who live at home.
Most patients are referred from GP's hospital staff, physiotherapists, social work department etc.
- Multidisciplinary assessment; consultation with GP, assessment by physiotherapists, occupational therapists, nursing staff etc.
- Preventative care including health promotions.
- Nurse led Diabetic Clinic operates - involving chiropodists and dietitian.
- Various recreational activities with excursions/ incorporating our volunteer service.
- Ace inhibitor trials.
Our Services aim to:
- Help patients maintain maximum independence by providing post discharge support.
- Prevent further hospital admissions by providing 10 week rehabilitation and maintenance therapy programmes (falls awareness programme).
- Protect and support the health of patients living at home.
How to access our services:
Referrals are accepted from all sources and patients are assessed for attendance at the Day Hospital by the Day Hospital Clinical Team.