The performance of all NHS Boards is reviewed by the Scottish Government Health Department at the Annual Review. The Review provides an opportunity for members of Borders NHS Board to highlight the year’s achievements and discuss issues with the Minister and members of the Scottish Government Health Department.
The agenda for the Annual Review is set by the Scottish Government Health Department based on national standards and agreed local performance targets. Prior to the Review, NHS Borders submits a Self Assessment of the Board's performance against the agenda items. The Self Assessment contains data and narrative covering targets and issues relevant to specific services and across NHS Borders as a whole. A summary of performance is also provided in a summary performance guide.
Members of the public can attend the review and are also invited to submit questions to be answered on the day of the review.
Following the Review, the Minister provides a summary of the Boards achievements and actions for the coming year in the Annual Review Letter.
Copies of the highlighted documents can be accessed below.
- Annual Review Letter 2013
- Annual Review At a Glance 2012/13
- Annual Review Self Assessment 2013
- Annual Review Letter 2012
- Annual Review Self Assessment 2012
- Annual Review Letter 2011
- Annual Review Self Assessment 2011
- Annual Review Letter 2010
- Annual Review Letter 2009
- Public Question & Answer Session 2009
- Annual Review Summary Performance Guide 2009/10
- Annual Review Self Assessment 2008/09
- Annual Review Summary Performance Guide 2008/09
The NHS Borders Annual Report is published In accordance with Scottish Government Health Department guidance Guidance to NHS Scotland: Preparation of NHS Board Annual Reports 2006/07 and Onwards.
The report sets out key achievements, initiatives and other activities undertaken during the year. In accordance with the guidance, a list of Board members and summary financial information and a summary of the Annual Review Letter is also provided
- Celebrating Our Success in 2015/16
- Celebrating Our Success in 2014/15
- Celebrating Our Success in 2013/14
- End of Year Report 2012/13
- End of Year Report 2011/12
- Annual Report 2010/11
- Annual Report 2009/10
- Annual Report 2008/09
- Annual Report 2007/08
- Annual Report 2006/07
- Annual Report 2005/06
- Annual Report 2004/05
- Annual Report 2003/04