Borders Formulary Committee
Borders Formulary Committee meets bi-monthly on the 2nd Wednesday of the month.
- The Committee is responsible for maintaining the Borders Joint Formulary which recommends first and second choice drugs, dosages and key points of information.
- The Committee considers proposed changes, additions and deletions to the Formulary from clinicians, pharmacists and nurses via the Borders Formulary Pharmacist.
- The Committee advises and collaborates with the Drugs and Therapeutics Committee on issues of presentation, format and implementation of the Formulary.
- The Committee advises on SMC and NICE/SIGN/NHS QIS recommendations on new drugs.
- The Commmittee reviews and advises on MHRA safety advice.
- The Borders Formulary Committee constitution provides full details of committee business.