For the patient - before you come in
We suggest that you only wear comfortable loose-fitting clothing while you are in hospital.
You should bring with you the following:
- Money for soft drinks, newspapers.
You may also want to bring:
- Dressing gown if you wear one
- Slippers or comfortable shoes
- Night dresses or pyjamas
- Cardigan or bed jacket
- Reading material and something to pass the time
- Toilet articles, razor, hairbrush, toothbrush and toothpaste, etc.
Please bring all your own medicines in with you, in their original containers, when you come to the Borders General Hospital. This is because we operate a policy of using your own medicines which you have brought with you from home. This allows you to continue with your familiar tablets, inhalers and other treatments.
More information about bringing your own medicines to hospital and our Green Bag initiative is available here.